- Category: Advice & Tips
- Created on Thursday, November 07 2013
- Written by Veterans Enterprise
Helping veterans re-acclimate themselves to society after their service is something we should all proudly take part in. Although there are lots of organizations that assist veterans with a variety of needs and services, many are unaware of the resources available to them.
The technology team at Aio Wireless would like to share a list of helpful mobile apps that veterans across the country can access to bring some organization and connectivity to their lives.
Whether they are researching companies that are hiring veterans, looking for the best local military discounts or reconnecting with service friends on social networks; there is a mobile application that is tailored for these honorable men and women.
A few apps recommended by Aio Wireless include:
- Jobs for Heroes- A sleek mobile app that makes it easy for job seekers to connect with military-friendly companies. Tailored for Veterans, the app allow users to email search results to friends or share via Facebook. This app is available on iPhone only.
- Claims Coach - This helpful app developed by the American Legion provides step-by-step guidance to help service officers through the process of filing for VA benefits.
- PTSD COACH- PTSD coach was design for Veterans and military service members who have or may have, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). This app provides users with education about PTSD, opportunities to find support and tools to help manage the stresses of everyday life with PTSD.
- Military and Veteran Discount Center - MVDC is the largest collection of military and veteran discounts on the web. The mobile application allows military personnel to find accurate and up to date information about military and veteran discounts in their local area.
- POS REP - POS REP is a mobile, proximity-based social network made expressly for the military veteran community. POS REP, short for Position Report, connects veterans who served together and allows veterans to discover peers and resources in their communities.
All of these applications can be accessed via many of the smartphones available through the flat-rate, no annual contract service provided by Aio Wireless. For those on a fixed income, it’s great to consider a plan that offers unlimited talk, text and data for the same price each month without the hassle of unexpected charges.
Aio customers can conveniently manage account preferences, shop and pay their bill directly from an Aio device using the MyAio app. To learn more about Aio or find a store near you, please visit www.aiowireless.com
This information is useful in helping Veterans access many of the resources available from the convenience of a mobile phone. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.