- Category: Blog
- Created on Monday, November 17 2014
- Written by Curtis L. Coy
How about a tool launched in early February, a significant upgrade seven months later, then another upgrade three months later, no downtime, over 485,000 users in those ten months and the only complaint is that customers want more. Would you believe that would be a government IT system?
We’re talking about the GI Bill® Comparison Tool. This week we launched our latest upgrade – reinforcing our commitment to improving Veteran outcomes. By refining this tool, we are arming our Nation’s Veterans with the information that they need to make informed decisions on how to use their VA education benefits.
Updated features of the Comparison Tool include:
- Search functionality that allows users to search for schools and employers near where they live
- A feature that will compare multiple schools
- The ability to compare the benefits of multiple GI Bill programs for those that may be entitled to more than one benefit
- School-level complaint data compiled from the Feedback System
Enabling our Veterans to make the best use of their hard-earned benefits is just one of the ways we are working to improve our service and demonstrate our dedication to your VA. Over 1 million Veterans and their families have taken advantage of their Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits – this number is only going to grow with time! We encourage you to share this information about our expanded GI Bill Comparison Tool. Click here to check out the new version of the GI Bill Comparison Tool.
Over the coming months we will continue to improve the functionality and features of our Comparison Tool. One feature under consideration would allow GI Bill users to rate their schools and/or employers (OJT/Apprenticeships). Our current plan would be to focus on answering the following questions, rating the school on a scale of 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest).
- How would you rate the institution overall?
- How would you rate the quality of classes?
- How would you rate the institution’s Veteran friendliness?
- How would you rate the institution’s employment preparation?
- How would you rate the institution’s recruiting/marketing practices?
As always, to learn more about GI Bill benefits, or to view our Comparison Tool, please visit our website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill. Also, be sure to join the conversation and community on our GI Bill Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/gibilleducation.