- Category: Society & Politics
- Created on Friday, July 04 2014
- Written by Curtis L. Coy
As with the first Friday of every month, the BLS employment statistics were released today. Attached is our ‘cheat sheet’ for your use and information. We have also provided the most recent quarterly report.
Bottom line: National unemployment went from 6.3% to 6.1% this month (both numbers are seasonally adjusted). This number is the one traditionally reported as the unemployment rate.
Veteran unemployment went from 5.0% to 5.4% this month (both numbers are not seasonally adjusted).
FYI, we have added an additional chart behind our cheat sheet showing a national map of unemployment – not Veteran specific.
- BLS Veteran Unemployment Report - Q2 2014.pdf
- BLS Veteran Unemployment Report - June 2014.pdf
- https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/jobs (Link to VA eBenefits Veteran Employment Center to establish Veteran profile for employers – or – for employers to establish Veteran hiring commitments.