The theme of this year’s conference is “Hiring our Nation’s Heroes” and aims to convene prominent government, military, and industry leaders and their human resource professionals who are committed to hiring and supporting wounded warriors.
Conference attendees will have the unique opportunity to learn best practices from many successful organizations on how to recruit, hire, train and retain wounded warriors.
In addition to the 25 break-out sessions and exhibitors offering tools and resources on how to hire and support wounded warriors, there will be a distinguished line-up of guest speakers including senior leadership in the federal government, private industry, wounded warrior care agencies, and hiring programs. Some of the confirmed speakers include:
– Hon. Ray Mabus, Secretary of the Navy
– Gen. James Amos, USMC, Commandant of the Marine Corps
– Gen. Peter Chiarelli, USA, Vice Chief of Staff of the Army
– Mr. John Campbell, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, Wounded Warrior Care and Transition Policy
– Mrs. Holly Petraeus, Assistant Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Office of Servicemember Affairs
This year’s conference will be held at the Sheraton Premiere at Tyson’s Corner, 8661 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, Va., and is free for registered participants. For more information on the conference, schedule and speakers, please go to the registration website at http://www.public.navy.mil/donaa/Pages/woundedwarrior.aspx.
Media interested in covering the conference, please contact Lt. Cmdr. Alana Garas at firstname.lastname@example.org“>email@example.com or Lt. Matt Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org“>email@example.com by Nov. 7, 2011. Lt. Cmdr. Garas and Lt. Allen can be reached by phone at (703) 697-5342.