NLSLA is proud to announce the launch of its Veterans Initiative, a collaborative effort to address the legal needs of veterans and increase their access to critical housing and support services.
Spearheading the effort is NLSLA’s new Equal Justice Works fellow Paula Clamurro, who will focus her work on finding and assisting Vietnam-era veterans who are now eligible to have their discharge status upgraded to “honorable” in recognition of their Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The opportunity is monumental: a status upgrade will allow these veterans—many of whom have experienced homelessness—to apply for life-altering benefits.
Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County (NLSLA) has free legal services for Veterans.
NLSLA can help veterans with:
- Veteran Disability Benefits
- Veteran Pension
- Service Discharge Upgrades
- Expungements / Prop 47 Relief
- Consumer Problems and Workers’ Rights
- Eviction Prevention and Housing Advocacy
- Access to health care
- Family Law and Custody Issues
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Access to Public Benefits
Call our hotline: (800) 433-6251
(Mon/Wed /Fri; 9am – 1pm)
NLSLA has offices located in Pacoima, Glendale, and El Monte.